- John McCormick, faculty: Grant to fund two buses to take ASC members, members of the Newman community as well as outside community members to go to the Beatification of Father Stanley Rother on Oklahoma City.
- Marie O’Neal, student: Grant to attend a servant leadership training this summer and then to host a servant leadership training this fall at Newman. To see Marie’s Proposal, click here.
- Diana Stanley, student: Grant to present an academic paper on Catholic intellectual thought at the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honors Society Conference in March 2017 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Sister Charlotte, on behalf of the ad hoc Newman University Awards Planning Group: Grant to fund a special awards banquet, which would become a new tradition at Newman University. This new event would replace the current Academic Honors and Awards Convocation. The new event would be a special dinner for student awardees, plus top staff and faculty awardees.
- Philip Sawatzky, Advanced Standing Instructor: Grant to create instructional materials for teaching unit on Fr. Stanley Rother for students at Kapaun, Bishop Carroll, and Trinity highschools.
- Sonja Bontrager, on behalf of the Guatemala Study and Serve: Grant to help fund an additional faculty member to serve as a sponsor on the trip, offer aid to students in need, as well as a service portion of the trip.
- Black Student Union: Grant to fund travel and food for a day trip to hear diversity speaker Angela Davis at Kansas State University.
- Jets for Life: Grant to help subsidize the cost of the March for Life for Newman Students.