The Gerber Institute may consider awarding grants for projects that support and further the mission and vision of the Gerber Institute under the following conditions:
- The number (and amount) of grants is based on availability of funds in any given year.
- The grant application is submitted by a member of the Newman University community including faculty, staff, students, alumni, or trustees.
- The grant request does not exceed $1,500 from faculty, staff, alumni, and trustees or $500 from students.
- The project to be funded has the potential to produce a broad and lasting impact.
- Grants will not be provided for individual travel for service trips. Grants to underwrite certain costs associated with group trips that further the mission and vision of the institute may be considered.
Applying for a Grant
The person requesting the grant should submit a proposal detailing in no more than 1,000 words:
- The proposed project
- The intended or expected outcomes
- How the project supports or furthers the Institute’s mission, vision, or theme
- The amount of the grant request with an estimate of expenses required to complete the project
- How the project outcomes will be evaluated.
Please send all applications to the director of the Gerber Institute. Grants must be approved by the board. The board meets 4 times a year (ordinarily September, November, January/February, and April). In order to be considered, the grant request must be received no later than 5 days prior to a board meeting to be included in the agenda for that meeting. If you have any questions about any potential grant request, please contact:
John McCormick, Director
The Gerber Institute for Catholic Studies
316-942-4291 ext. 2159
Click the link to see past Grants Awarded.